Data protection information of Systain Consulting GmbH,
As a consulting firm with a focus on corporate responsibility, data protection is a topic of particular importance to us.
As of 25 May 2018, the uniform requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) apply throughout Europe in the area of data protection. In the following data protection information document, we inform you about the processing of personal data carried out by us in accordance with the GDPR and the Federal Data Protection Act.
Please read our data protection information carefully. If you should have any questions or comments about our privacy information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Scope of application
This data protection information applies to data processing by Systain Consulting GmbH.
Systain Consulting GmbH
Represented by the Managing Director: Hubertus Drinkuth.
2. Data processing in the context of the use of our website
2.1. Access data / server log files
Each time our website is accessed, information is sent to the server of our website through the respective Internet browser of the used respective terminal device and temporarily stored in log files. The data records stored in this way contain the following data, which is stored until automatic deletion: Date and time of access, name of the page accessed, IP address of the requesting device, HTTP referer (source URL from which our website was accessed), the amount of data transferred, loading time, as well as product and version information of the browser used and the name of access provider.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the
- Ensuring of a smooth connection setup
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website/application,
- Evaluation of system safety and stability.
A direct deduction of information concerning your identity is not possible at the basis of the information and will not be attempted.
The data will be stored and automatically deleted once the aforementioned purposes have been achieved. The standard periods for deletion are based on the criterion of necessity.
2.2. Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use on the legal basis Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website covers:
- Browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- HTTP referer (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link: set opt-out cookie
An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics website.
3. Data processing for advertising purposes
As an existing customer, you will receive recommendations and information from us by e-mail at irregular intervals. You will receive these product recommendations from us regardless of whether you have subscribed to a newsletter. The services advertised are similar to those we have been in contact with in the past. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
You can object to the use of your personal data for the aforementioned advertising purposes at any time free of charge with effect for the future by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you file an objection, your data will be blocked for further promotional data processing. We would like to point out that in exceptional cases advertising material may still be sent temporarily after receipt of your objection. This is technically due to the necessary lead time within the selection process and does not mean that we have not implemented your objection.
4. Data processing within the scope of you contacting us
You have the possibility to contact us in several ways, e.g. by email or by phone. When you contact us, we use the personal data that you voluntarily provide to us in this context solely for the purpose of contacting you and processing your request.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(a), Article 6(1)(b), Article 6(1)(c) and Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
5. Your rights
In addition to the right to revoke your consent given to us, you have the following further rights if the respective legal requirements are met:
- the right to obtain information about your personal data stored by us (Art. 15 GDPR), in particular you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the origin of your data, if these were not collected directly from you;
- the right to correct inaccurate or complete correct data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- the right to delete your data stored by us (Art. 17 GDPR), provided that no legal or contractual retention periods or other legal obligations or rights for further storage are to be observed by us,
- the right to restrict the processing of your data (Art. 18 GDPR) if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it; the data controller no longer needs the data, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR,
- the right to data transferability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, i.e. the right to have selected data about you stored by us transferred in a common, machine-readable format, or to request the transfer to another person responsible
- the right of appeal to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters.
You can assert your rights at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2. Right of objection
Under the conditions of Art. 21(1) GDPR, data processing may be objected to for reasons arising from the particular situation of the data subject.
The foregoing general right of objection applies to all processing purposes described in this Privacy Information that are processed on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. In contrast to the special right of objection to data processing for advertising purposes (see above), under the GDPR we are only obliged to implement such a general objection if you give us reasons of overriding importance (e.g. a possible danger to life or health).
5.3. Right of revocation
If we use data on the basis of a consent given by you, you have the right to revoke the given consent at any time. The revocation of the consent does not mean that the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the time of the revocation becomes ineffective.